1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

To Earl?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by -, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Guest

2 weeks ago i started getting phone calls for jobs from the local garden center that hooks me up . He said for some reason this year it seems customers want to start early. I then sent out my direct mailing 2 days ago. 10.000 flyers went out.Do you guys think that was to early and the homeowners are going to think that I am crazy since all the scapers start March 10? Also how do you guys insert stuff on this post ,for example if I wanted to put my flyer on this post.THANKS

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I THINK YOU WAY A HEAD OF ME.come do my flyers now
    Of course Im in carolina

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Former Moderator

You definitely are not crazy. Now is a good time to be advetising. Believe me, people are thinking about their lawns already up here in PA.

We put out a small amount of door hangers on a selected plan of houses these last couple of days. We saw a minimum of at least 50 houses that had the flag in their yards that had already been sprayed. People are thinking spring.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

JOdi, here to im seeing flags! Isnt it a little early to be putting down pre- emergent? I thought you have to wait till the soil temp is 55 degrees consectutive for a few days?