Lawn Care Forum banner

To gator base or not.....

13K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  woodlawnservice 
#1 ·
That is the question and looking for suggestions... Here in oklahoma. Frost line is 12" yet ive never seen it past 2-3"! soil on this site is clay/rock mixture.... access to location isnt to bad. all my machine's can get in and out. 1k sq ft of 12" pavers to lay... never used gator base but looks interesting...... thoughts on using it?

#2 ·
Are roads and highways constructed with gatorbase?

#18 ·
For this particular job i may just go ahead and do it traditionally... access is better than i thought now since the pool contractor tore up his yard with machines and trucks thus allows me on it now as well... the cost for 1k ft is just so high..... also my pre job survey show he has extremely rocky soil... virtually no topsoil and we need to bring grade up a bit... as he sits right now hes 7" below finish grade.. rock is cheap, i can rent a big drum roller to compact in bigger lifts now as well so 4-5" ....just talking myself out of the gator for this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.