1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

To plant or not to plant..that is the question

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by minx, Jan 12, 2014.

  1. minx

    minx LawnSite Member
    Messages: 82

    We are due to put an instal in this week.... boxwood hedge and triostars, red ti and some trinets.. now seen the 7 day forecast and looks like 7 nights of cold starting tuesday.. do I get everything in tomorrow.. (was going to hold back on the red ti) and then frost cover.. or leave for a week..
    I hate doing an instal late, however, I would hate to have to fork out for new plants..
    maybe be split the instal.. what would you do.?
    My owner is flexible, but I have purchased the plants, and they are now due to be picked up on Monday. really annoyed as the nursery were supposed to have them for thursday for instal, and failed to get them until friday night..5pm now Ive paid for them and worried about their survival.. guessing I am still going to have to pick them up on monday even if not planting for several days now.. any suggestions as to what you would do?? Thanks
  2. i would wait....trust me
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. zturncutter

    zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,308

    If you wait for a week you still may have to frost protect for at least 4 to 6 weeks more, if you have already paid for the material get it in the ground get paid and cover if needed.

Share This Page