To Stinger Equipment

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by tebletlawns, Sep 30, 2018.

1. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

So I've scoured the web for the past year, talked with people many people on here, made contact by phone with some, read all the reviews, seen all the video's and have concluded that Stinger makes some great equipment.

I have one thing that makes me consider other brands...Support!

I know Lawn Solutions made some pretty innovative equipment that was "game changing". But I also know that they sold out to Toro/Exmark and somewhat left there customers in the dust. Lawn Solutions was somewhat before my time in the industry so I never had any dealings with, or witnessed other peoples experiences. I have heard that getting parts was an issue, but this is just what I've heard. I know Stinger has a snazzy new APP for ordering parts, but that doesn't mean you'll get them in a timely fashion. And no one seems to have any issues this season, but there are sure to be breakdowns at some point. Maybe next season, maybe not for 2 or 3. But there will be.

So my questions are...
    How long was Lawn Solutions around?
    How long has Stinger been around?
    And how can we be sure that Stinger will be here to support there products in 5-8+ years?

hort101 likes this.
  2. hardint

hardint LawnSite Member
    from Ky

There parts web site doesn't exist for a Superseeder 2400 yet, maybe someday, been trying to get a parts breakdown ,sent emails but nothing yet, I ran my machine nearly 8 hours today, one bad ass machine,only complaint is the handles aren't adjustable apparently designed for a 6 foot + person made it tough on a short Guy but it does do what it's designed to do ....

hort101 likes this.
  3. hardint

hardint LawnSite Member
    from Ky

Update Dustin responded to my request for a parts list and emailed it to me and after looking at the pictures adjusting the handle for my short height would be very hard with the two control levers mounted there as a fixed pivot point, maybe I'll grow taller or use the sulky more. Thanks Dustin .....

hort101 likes this.
  4. tebletlawns

tebletlawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kansas City

That's good. I hope we hear from Dustin about this post. I know others have some of the same reservations about dropping 10k+ without knowing much about the company we're buying from.

5. Stinger Equipment

Stinger Equipment Sponsor

Stinger will be around for many years to come. We haven't even scratched the surface for the amount of innovative products we have in the works or planned. We just acquired a 2nd assembly facility next door that will increase or production capacity 4x over what we had this year and the plan is to double yet again later next summer by adding more space.

What do you probably know about stinger....the people that work there develop hands down the best and most innovative products the industry has seen over the last 10-12 years. In just 2-years, Stinger has positioned it self to lead the industry in every market we compete in. That will never change.

2019 is going to be a huge year for Stinger. Growth and product innovation will be huge!

ETM and hort101 like this.
  6. Stinger Equipment

As for the app....I'm the one who develops the interactive parts break down for the app. I'll be adding the Super Seeder and Quad-Aers this fall for spring. The amount of time and work it takes is huge, but the benefit is even larger.

We do the app 100% in-house and custom. Its a work in progress.

I use it all the time to quickly look up parts. Its so easy to use. If you haven't seen it....check it out on the apple store and google play.

David

DXN1EL and hort101 like this.
  7. Stinger Equipment

Our goal with the app is to make ordering service parts as effortless as ordering something from Amazon. Order them in seconds from anywhere with instant access to all you parts breakdowns.

With that, your order through the app goes directly to our shipping department where it generates a pick ticket and shipping label based off the information you selected in the app. There is no chance for our employees to fat finger the wrong information. They simply select the parts and place them in a box. Makes it easy and reducing shipping errors. Stinger is doing everything we can to streamline and make our customers as profitable as possible.

Mark Oomkes and hort101 like this.
  8. Stinger Equipment

The app intro video

9. Stinger Equipment

So what are we going to show that's new for GIE later this month in Louisville. The 30" Quad-Aer.

What is all the fuss is about? No chains and the most simple, durable, and powerful drive system ever put on a riding aerator. The performance is amazing.

Take a close look at the below image. Nothing to fail. Just a pump and 2 motors with hoses connecting them. Built like a skid-steer.

Here is also an image of it side by side with the Quad-Aer 36". Its even lower to the ground yet for the best hill-side performance ever. Its 2-3" shorter with the platform down than any 30" Riding aerator on the market....it's compact! It was designed to be able to drive into the back of a small van like my Mercedes Metris....it could probably turn around inside a Sprinter.

Hope to see you at GIE

QA3000 Drive System.jpg

20180827_013338000_iOS.jpg

hort101 likes this.
  10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have been a full time turf manager for 40 years. I can honestly say lawn solutions/stinger have designed and built many amazing green industry machines. Im still running a 2008 lawn solutions hydro aerator, in fact its going into the field today!

DXN1EL and hort101 like this.