Too cold to mow...temperatures

caseysmowing

LawnSite Silver Member
Why? 17 should be no problem for any gas or diesel engine to start. Sounds like it's time to start replacing batteries.
If they still work when it’s warm I’ll keep using them. Only work a few days this cold so I’m not replacing 7 batteries because they won’t work when it’s this cold but fine the rest of the year.

caseysmowing

LawnSite Silver Member
It's your trucks do what you want. Maybe replace one or two and get some good cables. Cost about the same as a good jump pack.
These are just mowers, blowers, and leaf loaders I’m talking about. Yea I wouldn’t do that with trucks. I’m thinking of running a lead off of my truck battery to the inside of my box truck to use as jumper cables. Once they start and warm up they are fine all day.

KUMA01

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don’t mow with frost on the ground in the mornings I’ll wait till it burns off. My diesel is plugged in every night along with the excavator and mini skid. Additives are in the fuel mowers and all equipment are warmed up for 10 minutes 2 stroke equipment for 5 minutes.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Why? 17 should be no problem for any gas or diesel engine to start. Sounds like it's time to start replacing batteries.
Or pulling it in overnight

could also be glow plug issues
Just because the wait to start light comes on and goes off with the timer doesn’t mean they’re actually working

then there are those people who don’t know what that feature is for (mostly southern people with diesels) and starts them all like a gasser..

can’t tell you how many people I ran into that didn’t know about that
I was shocked

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
These are just mowers, blowers, and leaf loaders I’m talking about. Yea I wouldn’t do that with trucks. I’m thinking of running a lead off of my truck battery to the inside of my box truck to use as jumper cables. Once they start and warm up they are fine all day.
Make sure you’ve got a dead man switch and a disconnect
Wouldn’t want live wires hanging out in the truck box

caseysmowing

LawnSite Silver Member
Make sure you’ve got a dead man switch and a disconnect
Wouldn’t want live wires hanging out in the truck box
fork truck connections will be used. Like I said it’s only for leaf season and I’ll probably unhook it in the spring. BTW one mower did start but the hurricane didn’t.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
16 degrees when I went to school this morning. Wish this little layer of ice and snow would melt off I've got work to do!

Marshall's Yard Service

LawnSite Senior Member
16 degrees when I went to school this morning. Wish this little layer of ice and snow would melt off I've got work to do!
I wish it was that cold here, then the snow we got yesterday would have stuck. It's 32 right now, but the ground is still too warm.