Too much for a solo ?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GRANTSKI, Jan 28, 2020.

1. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Bronze Member

Meeting tomorrow to bid this property. Prop manager said it’s too much work for 1 guy.
    I’ll likely have help this year anyway - but do any of you solo guys maintain properties this size ? Doesn’t even look like a full day solo
    D36E09CF-E8AD-4F40-AACE-07F872F9EFCA.jpeg

K c m, zlandman, Cam15 and 2 others like this.
  2. UpstateServices

UpstateServices LawnSite Member

I would say depends on equipment.... with the right equipment certainly looks doable but many solo guys don’t have that equipment.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

We don't do any properties that large solo. Our largest property is a 5+ acre church property. That being said, I don't think that's to big for a solo op. It's tough to say by just seeing the pic without knowing the rough area size.

I suppose a lot depends on how much trimming and edging. Just looking at that pic, I'd say that's probably 3/4-1 day solo.

4. SJLandscapeCT

SJLandscapeCT LawnSite Member

That really doesn't seem that bad. Could be a ton of trimming/edging hiding in there though.

Cam15 and No gloves like this.
  5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

How does the client know your a solo?

KUMA01 and Cam15 like this.
  6. ShowCaseLawnCare

ShowCaseLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I think what the property manager is saying is he wants a company. Not a man and mower

7. Mark Stark

Mark Stark LawnSite Fanatic

They don't have to know your just a man and mower.

Ijustwantausername likes this.
  8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

I don’t think it’s too much. But it may be too much for the time they want someone there. Ie you may not finish in a day.

hort101 likes this.
  9. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

Tree trimming, weeds,fertilization?sounds like he's expecting a lot if he thinks it's to much for 1 person

10. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Id guess by your conversation there looking for full service landscape maintenance

It could be a day or more each week depending on how neat and tighty they want it and also the type of hedging and frequency of pruning

Sometimes big places have a property manager or full time grounds keeper and may include home maintenance

KUMA01 likes this.