1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

took the leap

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bln, Jul 18, 2012.

1. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I sold my business and I'm now selling insurance. It was a tough decision but my wife pushed me to do so. She wants me home on the weekends because we now have a child. It is really rough looking out the window and seeing guys working but I had to do it. Good luck to all of you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Grassman67

Grassman67 LawnSite Member

Good luck to you. This will probably be my last season as well. Mowing business is getting rough.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck,just curious as to way you let your work interfere with your private life? I know you might need to work some weekends but still....

4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

My situation was the opposite. In the industry I was in for over 10 years afforded no time for family and was very stressful. Working as a solo lco gives me alot more flexibility in how much work I want to take on and when I schedule it.

After the kids get older I may sell everything off and go back to working for the man, who knows. I made more money, but I also worked more hours. If I wanted to make that kind of money again, I would need to take on alot more yards, not sure if I want to be mowing and landscaping that much to reach that income level. I will see how my body holds up in the next few years after my kids get a little older.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Best of luck to you. We all do what we gotta do.

6. dutchacres

dutchacres LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on your new venture! I am actually getting out of the business hopefully at years end myself. I have been doing this since 99 and i am ready for a change. I am on the lookout for the perfect job just hard when i have no college education and people dont take lawn care business owners as serious as another type of business owner i dont feel anyway. I hope you find happiness and think you have chosen a good career as everyone needs insurance. My father in law sells and he makes good money and loves it.
    Posted via Mobile Device