Tool for lifting blocks

CM's

LawnSite Member
I have a couple of large clamps that chain to an excavator. You can pick up 3-4 SRW block or natural stone steps with them. As you set them in place and release the tension, the clamp loosens. I can get you some pictures if you like.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
xtreem3d

xtreem3d

LawnSite Senior Member
Hi CM,
thanks..I'm am looking for something to pick up / set down each block seperately when installing the base. There is no room for an excavator at the beginning of this wall and it's in a confined area. The Pave Tech will work but just thought there might be options,
Steve

STL Ponds and Waterfalls

LawnSite Bronze Member
Steve, you doind any hardscpe installs at the moment? I wish I would have done a few instead of waiting. I got burnt last winter early with the cold and snow.

OP
xtreem3d

xtreem3d

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes...starting some walls and possible patio at a business I maintain. The start of the wall is very cramped..that's why all the questions. Are you staying busy with the mild weather?

STL Ponds and Waterfalls

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes...starting some walls and possible patio at a business I maintain. The start of the wall is very cramped..that's why all the questions. Are you staying busy with the mild weather?
I have a few things on the books for spring, but I switch to tile work with my brother for the winter months. Getting caught with the bad weather last year has made me gun shy.

PS do you do snow?
No, can't depend on it much anymore.

Brick tongs, probably less than $10 at Home Depot. Or your hands:dancing:.
That's what I was going suggest. I was going to by some Versa lok tongs but I always just end up using my hands.

OP
xtreem3d

xtreem3d

LawnSite Senior Member
I searched Home depot but didn't see brick tongs...will they pick up an 8" block?