1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Toro 30" Walk Behind to Good to Start with?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Ottawa Lawn and Yard, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Ottawa Lawn and Yard

Ottawa Lawn and Yard LawnSite Member

I know this question has been asked more than once through here, but I’m looking to make the investment into a 30” lawn mower for next season as my main (go to) mower (my current mower will be used for much smaller properties and my backup).

I’m torn between the Toro Time Master or Turf Master. I’m still fresh to the business and many of my properties are do-able with a walk behind or they’re gated properties so all and all not very large properties.

I’m only entering my second season so I’m not ready to jump on any zero turns for the time being. I'm aware of the cost difference between the 2, so I’m looking into used but if I have to take the plunge and buy new I will.

I’m just looking for some insight, and I know I’m going to get a lot of mixed feelings on these two type of machines but if anyone can recommend any other 30” machine or similar I’d be happy to entertain that as well.

I apologize in advance if someone of you have already responded to a same type of question, but some of the responses although valuable can be very overwhelming to go through them all.

I’d appreciate all your feedback. I’m really picking up a lot of great ideas and learning a little of tricks of the trades from experienced professionals on here like yourselves

Thanks

2. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Ah, kinda off topic but get a 36 belt drive, You can thank me later. If interested got a Toro 36 Hydro 15 years old 500 hours. Runs like new. $635 Would run circles around a 30 inch mower.

Cam15 and K c m like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Ottawa Lawn and Yard

I'm in Canada, but would look into it if able to, thanks for the feedback

Cam15 likes this.
  4. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

turns on 21 are quicker in my opinion. adds up to the width savings

Cam15 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Ottawa Lawn and Yard

Hey NoGloves, Is that So? thanks for the feedback. I would've never have thought.

Cam15 likes this.
  6. No gloves

No gloves LawnSite Senior Member

yea but we have smaller yards or yards that have concrete separating lawn areas if they are larger.for long straight away,someone else might give a better opinion.

Cam15 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Ottawa Lawn and Yard

Thanks, do you recommend any 21" mowers. I see a lot of the heavy duty commercial mowers as well

Cam15 likes this.
  8. Bumpmaster

this mower set up will give you more then a run for your money. It also fir sale less the $1,000 USD

20191209_173442.jpg

20191209_173539.jpg

Cam15 and K c m like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Ottawa Lawn and Yard

Nice machines, and you're very well equipped I can tell

Cam15 and Bumpmaster like this.
  10. Bumpmaster

See you may be a green horn. Take Bumps advice with a grain of salt. But if you can get Ridden Green to chime in, he the real deal son!

Cam15, Doc8406 and sjessen like this.