1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

toro 32" price vs exmark 32

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ALL-American, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ALL-American

ALL-American LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I got a price for a 32" toro t-bar at 2200 at the dealer today. It is last years model, but hasn't been used (still on showroom floor). He also has a brand new exmark 32 selling for 2200. I am torn between the both. I like the tbar, but have heard so many good things about the exmark. I have read and heard they are basically the same mower, but was wondering if these are good prices, and which one would you choose. I need the 32 to fit in the back gates as 90% of my accounts have small gates, otherwise I would get something bigger. Anyways thanks for the help:confused:

2. ALL-American

from Houston

Anyone here?:sleeping:

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Does the exmark have the ecs?

4. ALL-American

from Houston

no, he said it doesn't come standard with a 32, but he could get an aftermarket kit for about 200-300

5. THEGOLDPRO

Are you better on the teebar or the ecs?.

6. ALL-American

from Houston

this will be my first real commercial mower. I have been using a 21" toro to get by, but now with the amount of work I have it is costing me time.

7. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the toro t-bar 32" and really like it, t-bar is in a class by itself as far as easy to use great design. 2200 sounds like a descent price as well IMO you cant go wrong with the toro.

8. ALL-American

from Houston

Thanks for your reply. I think I will get t-bar, seems like it is easier to control.

9. THEGOLDPRO

Like i said ive never used a teebar only Ecs. I cant imagine its much easier. but if you get the teebar for 300 less and you like it buy it. I used a pistol grip belt drive 60 inch exmark for 5 years before i got a ECS so now im spoiled.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For $2200, I would snatch that up in a hurry if I were you. That is a good deal on a new machine.