• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

toro 325-d what's it worth?

mulkick

LawnSite Member
First time poster.
A local park district has a 2001 Toro 325-d up for sale. 930 hrs with a cab and sweeper. (no mower) can anyone give me a ball park price on this?
Thanks in advance.

toro.JPG

torob.JPG

1993lx172

LawnSite Bronze Member
He means between $10 and $13 thousand dollars Canadian for it.

I don't know what that would be in U.S dollars.

Personally I think that you'd be able to get it for between $7500 and $9000.

Dodge2

LawnSite Member
He means between $10 and $13 thousand dollars Canadian for it.

I don't know what that would be in U.S dollars.

Personally I think that you'd be able to get it for between $7500 and $9000.
he's right, and in canada we pay alot more than you do for everything, so I think 7500-9000 U.S is about right if you live in the U.S. Although the worth of the machine will be variable depending on what city you live in.

OP
M

mulkick

LawnSite Member
Wow,
I didn't understand because I didn't think it could be worth that much.
I was guessing maybe $2000.
I searched the internet for mower decks and snow blowers I see I can spend just as much on those.
Any other advice on buying this Toro 325-d?
Thanks guys,
Larry

LawnmastersMikejr

LawnSite Member
They're good machines. What are you wanting to use it for? If you just want to mow and they want 7-9k for it I'd look into a zero turn mower. If you could get it for 2-5k itd be a good deal.

Being a city auction, I'd say $3K max without a mower deck.
Especially since it is out of warranty.
Look to spend around $2500 or so for a decent deck with all of the equipment. Buying a "parts" only deck and building one yourself is time consuming and much more expensive.
I like city auctions, I picked up a Neary 180 spin grinder with bedknife attachment for $900 at an auction one time - used these grinders go for almost $8K.

OP
M

mulkick

LawnSite Member
There's some mowing my mother needs done, now she pays someone to do it. It would come in handy for that and my own needs.
There is a point that a high price can't be justified.
There's 2 weeks left on the auction so I'm sure it'll past that point.

Thanks again.