Toro 36 Floating Deck T-Bar

DacMan

LawnSite Member
I bought a 2013 Toro T bar with a floating deck yesterday. The owner said he thought it had under 6 hours on it. It’s hard to say if that’s true as it’s a little dinged up. All in all it’s in great shape and looks almost new. I paid $2500 and felt really good about the purchase.

I get it home and fill the tank full of gas and realize a lot of gas is leaking out every time I move the machine. After some time I realize there’s a fairly large crack where the threaded neck meets the tank. It will have to be replaced. The tank is $200. I’m also rebuilding the carb as it sat with gas in it and needs cleaned. By the time I buy fuel line and a few new grommets I’m $2750 into the machine.

How did I do?

upload_2019-8-26_20-38-5.jpeg

upload_2019-8-26_20-38-32.jpeg

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I think you did ok

Looks in good condition
Might want to clean out any old fuel in the system well

OP
D

DacMan

LawnSite Member
Yeah my initial logic was, a new one is 5k plus. Half off for nearly new seemed like a good deal. Plus I believe they don’t make the floating deck 36 anymore. Repair costs puts a wet blanket on things.

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
Are the new belt drives really 5k? I figured they were closer to the $3500 mark. You got a solid mower there, the t bar is one of my favorite control setups for belt drive mowers.

If you are handy, you probably juts have a stuck float or something in your fuel system/carb that needs to be replaced. Not a biggie.

OP
D

DacMan

LawnSite Member
Yeah the floating decks are. A fixed deck is $4k based on pricing from my Toro dealer this weekend. Plus tax on top.

Thanks

OP
D

DacMan

LawnSite Member
No hour meter, guy lost his leg right after he bought the mower. Again, not sure if it’s that low but I would say under 50 is very possible.