1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

TORO 40 inch W.B.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holders Residential, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

Ive been loking at the TORO 40 W.B. and wanted to know if anybody had one and if it cuts better than a 36 W.B. Can you get it with the T-grip control ? Does Exmark make the same unit ? So far it sounds like a real good unit for residential mowing. Does anybody know what the price on a hydro unit is?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I told someone else to be sure to DEMO one first because I was worried about the performance, and the blade speed. The reason for it being that they are a 3 blade deck and that makes for really short blades. But now Toro is advertising tip speed of 18,500.

If the 40" cuts better than the 36", I would go the 40" route over the 36" too if I didn't have to have a 36".

As for the T-Bar... unless something is brand new for '07 there is only one hydro model available with the T-Bar and that's the "Classic" model.

I don't have a clue about prices... and I think it's partly my area.
    My dealer wants $3,450 for the belt drive...
    So what I mean about my area is that you could probably ride for what he would want for a hydro & sulky.

3. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

which one is the better mower the toro or the exmark, as in the way they cut, the way they make a yard look.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Wait... I'm thinking maybe 'crewcut' has the 40"ers.... (may be 48" TF ?)

I'll check on that later tonight.
    I think he can give you some firsthand info if I'm not mistaken

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro's new 2007 line of walkbehinds have the Turbo Force Deck with the adjustable baffle and kaw v-twin engines. I think the new Toro's will have a better cut than Exmark although Toro owns both.

6. Envy Lawn Service

No, sorry, he has a 36" Toro (old deck) and a 48" Toro Turboforce.
    Still might be worth asking him though.

I was referring to 'CrewCutEnterprises'

Here's a link to his thread
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=132697

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I was looking at 2 40" T-bars today. They look awesome. $3300 for the belt drive at my dealer. I would snap that up if you are in the market. If you get the T-bar, you don't really need the hydro. T-bar works better on belt drives, if you have your heart set on hydro, go Exmark and get the ECS.