Toro 500 series 60" (or maybe 48)

themadcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
I asked this on another section but now I think I should have posted it here.

Have any of you used the 500 series toro? are all 500 series z masters or is zmaster just a type of deck.
and what did you pay?

I am contemplating a 60" with a 27hp kohlar. I have a place I like doing business with because the service is excellent, though sometimes surly, and my mower is in and out very quick when I need something. But I think there price is a little high. looks like I'll be paying about $9500.

mowerman41

LawnSite Senior Member
Where I buy my lowers that same mower was $8,000. Toro does not make the z500 anymore so if you buy one it will be a leftover so that price should come down a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

themadcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Where I buy my lowers that same mower was $8,000. Toro does not make the z500 anymore so if you buy one it will be a leftover so that price should come down a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device
What is the current model for this year then.
I have 2 different shops telling me this is the latest
Or maybe they are just letting me think that
Because I haven't asked the right questions
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerman41

LawnSite Senior Member
I called 4 different toro dealers and they all said that 2011 was the last year for the z500 because I was looking for one. I pick up my new toro tomorrow morning.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
T

themadcutter

LawnSite Senior Member
I called 4 different toro dealers and they all said that 2011 was the last year for the z500 because I was looking for one. I pick up my new toro tomorrow morning.
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm gonna call around here and see if they will be getting any in or if they are only selling what they have.

All_Toro_4ME

LawnSite Bronze Member
I asked this on another section but now I think I should have posted it here.

Have any of you used the 500 series toro? are all 500 series z masters or is zmaster just a type of deck.
and what did you pay?

I am contemplating a 60" with a 27hp kohlar. I have a place I like doing business with because the service is excellent, though sometimes surly, and my mower is in and out very quick when I need something. But I think there price is a little high. looks like I'll be paying about $9500.
What is the current model for this year then.
I have 2 different shops telling me this is the latest
Or maybe they are just letting me think that
Because I haven't asked the right questions
Posted via Mobile Device
The zmaster is a series of Toro's commercial's line Z mowers. It has nothing to do with the deck. The decks are either 7ga or 7ga TurboForce. The 500's are still out there. The latest is termed "G3" Small improvements over the 500 series. Hope this helps.