1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Toro bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Striper, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Striper

Striper LawnSite Member
    from WV

I need some help finding a bagger for my toro walk behind. My dealer wants $350.00 and that's at his cost. Is there an aftermarket bagger that would be cheaper and where to look?
    Any help appreciated.

2. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I got a Toro bagger for my 44' walk behind for $250 from my dealer- 1-1/2 year ago- might want to shop around

I think there's an after market bagger called the Grass Gobbler? not sure on name- someone else might know

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Where in the Northeast are you?? I bought one from my dealer yesterday. Toro is having a special right now. The bagger is for a 36". Price is $240.00, but was on special for $100.00.

4. Striper

Striper LawnSite Member
    from WV

I live in northern West Virginia. It is for a 44" deck. That price looks a lot better.

5. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the mower new, so I do not know if it is only a special for new mowers. Contact the Toro dealer and find out. If you were in my area I would give you the name of the dealer that I use.

6. Striper

Striper LawnSite Member
    from WV

I just bought it a week ago, so I will definately give him a call. Thanks for the info.

7. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have bag fora 52 Toro needs a bag fits decks w horizontal pins

Email for details bought Walker GHS don't need Toro bag. Ed

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the various steel catchers (grass gobbler and the like) are about $200. I prefered it to my old Toro cloth one, but haven't tried the new kind they use. try the various online suppliers like mowmore.com , landscapersupply.com, etc

9. Striper

Striper LawnSite Member
    from WV

mowmore doesn't carry it and landscaper supply might have one but really no description or pic for it

10. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

bruce is right, grassgobbler is the way to go. Holds up the best too.