1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Toro Dingo TX 420

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by atozpropmaint, Jul 25, 2000.

1. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I demoed a Ramrod at my Walker dealer .They are sweet! Sure beats the hell out of the shovel and wheel barell.He will only sell the 900 modle.He figures the difference in price and size the customers won't be satisifed with the smaller units.

2. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

where is more info on the Ramrod?

3. OP
    OP
    atozpropmaint

atozpropmaint Banned

Thanks for all the info so far. I was wondering if anyone has used one for shoveling sidewalks in the winter. Can they push the snow or do they slide all over?

4. dougjohnson

dougjohnson LawnSite Member

Tried the ramrod today the 900 model nice machine sales guy say he can sell me a demo<br>for 10% less than cost. By doing my homework I conclude all these machines are about the same Dingo,ramrod,kanga, What I'm interested in now is trying out the kanga kid now comes with a 13hp motor electric start lifting capicity 220lbs attachments 12&quot; auger, bucket, plow I believe thats all for attachments so your limited. Small machine also small $$ to pay at $7000 I'm having hard time trying to find a dealer here in southwest florida one dealer down here has a full size kanga and thats it.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Ramrod: www.ramrodequip.com

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Demo'd the Toro and the Kanga at the Expo in KY. The Ramrod is identical to the Toro. I'd go with a Kanga. They seem to be better constructed by far.

7. 4hams

4hams LawnSite Member

Yes, i own 2 and love them. Had to replace the engines in them and upgraded the hp while i was at it. But they replace 4 guys with a shovel and dont ***** when beeung told to get to work. They get into backyards with ease

8. 4hams

4hams LawnSite Member

15k is totally worth it, although you should be able to find one for less. I paid 10,500 for my 10 year old one and its equivalent to 4 gus with a shovel. It ahows yp to work daily, doesnt ***** or wine or need fed. The engine on both of mine went out but for what these machines can do its worth the cost. Try buying a new diesel one starting @40k

9. Sti2.5ldohc

Sti2.5ldohc LawnSite Member

Holy old thread Batman

oqueoque likes this.
  10. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

Labor shows up hung over , machines dont .

4hams likes this.