Toro/Exmark spreader sprayer owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Spd319, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Spd319

Spd319 LawnSite Member

I test drive the Toro version today. How much sq ft are you getting out of a tank of herbicide? It seemed to go extremely fast. I also wasnt terribly impressed with the turning radius, but I'm sure it was just me being green on the machine. Anyone own a Toro or exmark and wish they would have went a different direction? Testing a z spray asap, but all in all, the toro was nice. Maybe a touch under powered.

2. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Bronze Member

Your green. Best ride on at 500 pounds and under. Best hill side stability. Using brown teejet tips at a quart per thousand I get two acres or more out of a fill. Great machine for spot spraying. Use the search function on the website and you will find a ton of stuff on the exmark. Same machine. I have the toro.

3. Marine03112

4. Marine03112

It does need to be a twelve horse but it does the job. That’s for sure.

5. Marine03112

First off if you use the circle method to spread turning isn’t an issue. Doing a k turn is super easy aslso. I wouldn’t use any other machine. Other than a zmax.

6. Spd319

Spd319 LawnSite Member

I'm just so used to doing grid patterns, I'm not sure I could do anything other method. I'm testing out the exmark version thursday(I know they are the same, but what the heck) as well as a Z spray intermediate.

7. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Spd319, Did you purchase a new machine? If so, what was it? Did you demo the T3100?

8. jcollett83

jcollett83 LawnSite Member

I like mine. I have the bigger tips and do 20 gpa. The machine works good and is simpler, not as much to go wrong. Z spray is also a good machine.

9. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

You are running a Toro machine, correct? Are you spreading and spraying at the same time? If so, how is the coverage with running both? Do the spread and spray patterns match up well?

10. jcollett83

jcollett83 LawnSite Member

I haven't done both at the same time, but you can change the speed of spreader to match it up.

That Guy Gary likes this.