Toro/Exmark spreader sprayer owners

lawndude28

LawnSite Senior Member
Sprayed with my Exmark for the first time yesterday. The output and droplet size is much greater than that of my old PG Magnum. The coverage appears to be good at 3/4 speed with the standard blue tips.
One thing that I am not crazy about is how the machine wants to wobble at higher speeds on concrete. Just seems to get a rhythm about it just over 3/4 speed. Anyone else see this same thing?
I know what you are talking about. It normally happens to me when the tank is full and the spreader is empty of vise versa, it has a slight wobble on hard surfaces.

ETM

LawnSite Silver Member
Not sure about the wobbling. Is the machine new, or used? All the tires aired up things same, everything greased?

I love how you can drive this machine one handed all the time with no issues. I've put a couple hundred hours on a Z Spray this season and one handed driving can get you in trouble if not careful. Especially when going backwards.

Not once has my exmark ever tried to buck me off.
Can you throw a frisbee with the free hand?:drinkup:

JunkmanJoe

LawnSite Member
Sprayed with my Exmark for the first time yesterday. The output and droplet size is much greater than that of my old PG Magnum. The coverage appears to be good at 3/4 speed with the standard blue tips.
One thing that I am not crazy about is how the machine wants to wobble at higher speeds on concrete. Just seems to get a rhythm about it just over 3/4 speed. Anyone else see this same thing?
Laner,
What is your speed to get the .25gal/1000 at 30PSI? Any tricks for how you maintain that speed?
I just bought the Exmark and want to dial it in to .25gal/1000 giving 2 acres/tank. I am getting the brown tips tomorrow. Maintaining consistent speed of calibration seems to be a little difficult at first, and full speed is too fast for rough terrain. Thanks in advance!
I too just purchased one. I had it back to dealer because I had a problem with the regulator and maybe pump. They replaced both. I've given up on the idea of spraying wide pattern at 40 psi. 30 psi is where I'm at. I purchased a $20.00 tach on E-bay and mounted it next to throttle control on dash. It was one of the ones you wrap wire around spark plug wire. Real easy to install. So here is my numbers. With tach at 2610 rpm at stand still my speed once I start moving is 4.3 mph which is comfortable . Bear in mind once you start moving and spraying the rpm's will drop 110-120 so you will be taching around 2500 . With the blue nozzles I'm applying real close to 20 GPA.
SSTach.jpg

Laner

LawnSite Senior Member
Not sure about the wobbling. Is the machine new, or used? All the tires aired up things same, everything greased?

I love how you can drive this machine one handed all the time with no issues. I've put a couple hundred hours on a Z Spray this season and one handed driving can get you in trouble if not careful. Especially when going backwards.

Not once has my exmark ever tried to buck me off.
Machine is new. Front tire pressure matches. The rear was about 2 psi different, which I corrected, but still get the wobble.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
Laner,

I too just purchased one. I had it back to dealer because I had a problem with the regulator and maybe pump. They replaced both. I've given up on the idea of spraying wide pattern at 40 psi. 30 psi is where I'm at. I purchased a $20.00 tach on E-bay and mounted it next to throttle control on dash. It was one of the ones you wrap wire around spark plug wire. Real easy to install. So here is my numbers. With tach at 2610 rpm at stand still my speed once I start moving is 4.3 mph which is comfortable . Bear in mind once you start moving and spraying the rpm's will drop 110-120 so you will be taching around 2500 . With the blue nozzles I'm applying real close to 20 GPA.View attachment 379902
Joe buy yourself the brown tips and get two acres per fill. Those brown tips are meant to be sprayed at 30 psi anyway. Good luck my friend.

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I put Dimension down as a pre. and it called for min 20gpa as carrier. Did I do wrong?
No you are fine there. In the past I used prodamine with less carrier such as a quart of water and crab control worked great. Just saying. But for broadleaf in the future you could Use the brown tips and go a lot further.

Top Forums