Toro/Exmark spreader sprayer owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Spd319, Jun 2, 2018.

1. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Senior Member

I know what you are talking about. It normally happens to me when the tank is full and the spreader is empty of vise versa, it has a slight wobble on hard surfaces.

2. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

It will slosh once and a while. But still a great machine.

3. ETM

ETM LawnSite Silver Member
    from GEORGIA

Can you throw a frisbee with the free hand?:drinkup:

4. Marine03112

Yes you can lol to be honest. If needed to pick up from yard and throw on patio. Lol. I hope that answered your question my friend.

tdoeizreal likes this.
  5. JunkmanJoe

JunkmanJoe LawnSite Member

Laner,
    I too just purchased one. I had it back to dealer because I had a problem with the regulator and maybe pump. They replaced both. I've given up on the idea of spraying wide pattern at 40 psi. 30 psi is where I'm at. I purchased a $20.00 tach on E-bay and mounted it next to throttle control on dash. It was one of the ones you wrap wire around spark plug wire. Real easy to install. So here is my numbers. With tach at 2610 rpm at stand still my speed once I start moving is 4.3 mph which is comfortable . Bear in mind once you start moving and spraying the rpm's will drop 110-120 so you will be taching around 2500 . With the blue nozzles I'm applying real close to 20 GPA. SSTach.jpg

6. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Machine is new. Front tire pressure matches. The rear was about 2 psi different, which I corrected, but still get the wobble.

7. Marine03112

that wobble will correct when you have fert in the hopper.

8. Marine03112

Joe buy yourself the brown tips and get two acres per fill. Those brown tips are meant to be sprayed at 30 psi anyway. Good luck my friend.

9. JunkmanJoe

JunkmanJoe LawnSite Member

I put Dimension down as a pre. and it called for min 20gpa as carrier. Did I do wrong?

10. Marine03112

No you are fine there. In the past I used prodamine with less carrier such as a quart of water and crab control worked great. Just saying. But for broadleaf in the future you could Use the brown tips and go a lot further.