Toro/Exmark spreader sprayer owners

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
I just bought a (few months ago) and Toro spreader sprayer primarily to spray weeds, it came with the white nozzles that were a little too much GPM so I bought the brown nozzles and I'm finding the flood jets are just not good for spraying weeds the droplets are too big and does not give good cover of the leafs, I was hoping I could find an angled fan tip??? it's sad that I have a $300 NorthernTool tow behind sprayer that does a 10 times better job of spraying weeds, I hope this isn't a situation where I have to make a boom, info would be greatly appreciated I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead LOL
Make sure your spraying at 30 psi with the browns. The weed control is excellent with the browns. Also you get close to two acres on a 20 gallon fill. You can get 22 gallons in the tank though.

fobaum

LawnSite Senior Member
Just thought I'd post this picture of a modification that I did to my toro sprayers/spreader that really helped me to spray bigger properties the spray tank that I used can be purchased at northern tool the wood was just a half inch piece of plywood that I sprayed with polyurethane can, the tank already had threaded holes in the bottom so I just bought 4 Bolt I believe they were quarter inch diameter
IMG_20200315_165008671.jpg
IMG_20200315_165016433.jpg
IMG_20200315_165024921.jpg

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Sweet! Nice job. Good idea, Fobaum.

It is possible to run the hose outlet down through the spreader holes--if you keep the setting wide open--is that right? You have to be sure to clear the spinning impeller, of course.

fobaum

LawnSite Senior Member
Riggle PLC) I'm sure you could run it through the spreader holes, I just ran the hose through a hole on the top of the control panel and down to the cap which I inserted a 3/8 diameter nipple Barb. Then zip tide the switch for the tank to the bar on top of the control panel that you can see in pic if you look closely.
I believe it's a 16 gallon tank but actually holds about 17 so now instead of being able to spray about 20-22 gallons now I'm closer to 40GAL.!

Marine03112

LawnSite Silver Member
What what I was thinking is this. Adding another tank on top of the tank that is already there. I am sure it can be done. It’s drilling into the tank or something like that. Would keep the weight from being too heavy. Also 22 gallons gets me over two acres. With brown tips.

Coachbob

LawnSite Senior Member
Basically I use it as a transfer to the main tank so I can keep spraying
i have been thinking about something like this. The reason i bought the Exmark was because of the agitation. So do you run your first tank empty and then transfer/agitate? Would love to get 40 gallons.

Coachbob

LawnSite Senior Member
What what I was thinking is this. Adding another tank on top of the tank that is already there. I am sure it can be done. It’s drilling into the tank or something like that. Would keep the weight from being too heavy. Also 22 gallons gets me over two acres. With brown tips.
I was also considering this option.

Laner

LawnSite Senior Member
Anyone having issues with Exmark/Toro not spreading evenly across the width of the spread pattern? I have tried adjusting the diffuser, but that isn't getting the job done. Thoughts??