Toro/Exmark spreader sprayer owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Spd319, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Larry the toro/exmark is the easiest machine to steer and operate. Use it on 20 lawns and your a pro with it. I sold my one year old T3100 because I hated it. Gave me to many problems. Using the toro is a breeze. Best thing I ever did was sell my T. Now did I get a lemon perhaps. But I wasn’t going to keep it to see what else was going to go wrong with it. The toro is all hydro no belts no problems at all.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  2. Marine03112

The toro has excellent hillside stability.

3. Marine03112

So true with this post. I spray with .25 tips get over two acres a fill and love this machine

4. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Senior Member

What color tips and psi are you using to get the .25?

5. Marine03112

In the video he mentions brown tips. I use the brown tips at 30psi. I will look up the part number for you. In a bit

6. Marine03112

Part number 126-7171 brown tip. This is on toros website for model number 34215. Spreader sprayer

7. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

I mathed out the formulas in the Exmark manual and use the grey tips when I want to put down 4k per and they work for me.

This is probably just individual technique though. I can admit my patterns get a little lose sometimes because I've done some apps with a lot of dye and seen it for myself.

On lawns that I have under control I still use the grey tips but mix for 3k per, I don't need max rate herbicide to take out seedlings.

The one big issue I have with low volume mixing is using the wand/spot spraying. At these rates I feel like I have a fire hose in my hand, even with the valve just cracked open.

I think I need to relax a bit. I've yet to roast a lawn with broadcast nozzles or the wand.

Walker56 likes this.
  8. Marine03112

Try the brown tips. You won’t regret it. They are available for the exmark also. Von shelia mentions them on exmark videos on youtube

9. Laner

Laner LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone carry an extra tank/wand on their Toro/Exmark machine? I have had some apps where we go back with a separate mix of chem to wipe out other weeds. Thoughts???

10. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

Right now I use a half gallon flo master. The handle 'clips' well over the side of the hopper, so as long as I don't want to carry gly or need a full hopper I'm good.

I also like to carry a hand spreader in the hopper.

I want to build a little rack that hangs off the hopper for the hand can. I've also thought about trying one of the ryobi battery sprayers since I already have the batteries.

Walker56 likes this.