Toro/Exmark spreader sprayer owners

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Spd319, Jun 2, 2018.

1. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you!!

No one at exmark is truly knowledgeable about their machine.

2. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Gold Member

One thing I didn't do before I dropped the machine off the last time and wish I had was rewire the pump and bypass the harness to test if something was wrong with it.

Marine03112 likes this.
  3. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

I had these go on my turfco.

4. Marine03112

Ya turfco are good people. Patrick is good to go. He helped me quite a bit with my problem new turfco. I am assuming I got a lemon. Really turned me off from turfco plus the belts so many belts. Plus my toro dealer knows the spreader sprayer inside out. He tears new equipment down and puts it back together so he knows the machine inside and out. Then he uses it as a loaner. I got lucky with my dealer support

5. That Guy Gary

The Exmark/Toro is so simple that it's beautiful.

Nothing but a crank bolted to a hydro input shaft and a stator to power the electrical.

Which makes it even more frustrating when their licensed techs can't figure them out!

6. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

If your dealer is so smart have him call exmark/Toro and explain to them how to fix these. We get it, you love your machine, you love toro, you have the owners number, we get it!

But people are having issues that aren't getting fixed.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  7. Marine03112

8. Marine03112

I will let my dealer know what you are saying. On my turfco part of the spray manifold went bad. One thing a bob that is connected to the wide spray handle went bad. Ever so slightly. Pressure drop etc. hope you looked at the spray manifold https://www.torodealer.com/en-us/Pa...D=47103&PageId=493015&IllustrationId=445261#1

9. Marine03112

It’s not that I love toro. Just got lucky. Would have gone with Zspray but then I heard they were selling so I went with the toro. Looking forward to stinger and the guys who used to be Zspray employees

10. That Guy Gary

It's in the dealers hands. I had it in 3 times and they called 3 times and said "It's fixed!" when it wasn't. Selling me parts with outrageous markups for professional labor rates to install when it's really just a monkey with a wrench throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks.

Frankly I couldn't care less any more now that I have a functional machine to work with. Every day they throw something else at the wall and it doesn't stick I'll rack up more hours on the loaner.

For the record they first replaced the diaphragm, then the pump, after that my battery and voltage regulator.

Even though I took it in with the specific issue of "not maintaining pressure under load" and their outside salesman who wears coveralls cause .. ?! seemed to get it, I had to drag their tech outside and physically demonstrate it to him so he could comprehend.

From what I understand in the past two weeks they've replaced the control module and pressure regulator. They have no f'ing clue what is wrong with it or how to diagnose the issue. My machine is now a guinea pig but in exchange I got a new one off the floor.

If Exmark/Toro were more open and didn't try obscure the components of the machine I wouldn't be as frustrated, but they've done their damnedest to make me go through them for retail components that I can get for less than half they charge anywhere else. if I can even identify them.

ETM and tdoeizreal like this.