toro grandstand

Dodge Boys

LawnSite Member
We've got two 2009's with 48" decks.... At first they were nothing but problems, but now since all the updates are done, we actually went the whole season with no issues.... Have around 550 hrs on them, and still going strong... They are a little higher maintenance then some competitors as they have numerous cables on them... Both mine are for sale, PM me if your interested!!!:canadaflag:

BigMike450

LawnSite Member
I have an "09" 23 hp 48" and an "11"24 hp 48" both are great but the"11" is dare I say too fast love these machines and can't imagine anything better. As far as maintenance change oil when needed,grease and go. I also have a 36" Grandstand that I use for small gates and it's a very good machine as well. I believe the Exmark version has a larger fuel capacity.

RodneyK

LawnSite Senior Member
Personally I would stay away from the 09s, after that good to go. Nothing really wrong with the 09s after updates are made but I feel little things will continue to go wrong.
I have owned two 52" 09s. Currently own 2011 versions of the 60", 52" and 48" and think they cut and operate great. It seems like the 48" with the 24hp engine just flies!
I would get the bigger engine with whatever deck size is chosen. The 48" is really a good size. Fits on smaller non gated properties and can do larger stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device

yardguy28

LawnSite Platinum Member
Personally I would stay away from the 09s, after that good to go. Nothing really wrong with the 09s after updates are made but I feel little things will continue to go wrong.
I have owned two 52" 09s. Currently own 2011 versions of the 60", 52" and 48" and think they cut and operate great. It seems like the 48" with the 24hp engine just flies!
I would get the bigger engine with whatever deck size is chosen. The 48" is really a good size. Fits on smaller non gated properties and can do larger stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
interesting.....

i see your from fort wayne IN. so am i. i own a 52" 09 grandstand. the only update i had on mine was the brake update and they did the hydro update on there own after i took it in because a hydro line was leaking.

i have no troubles with mine other than the brake thing and the hydro line leaking.

i love my toro grandstand, no problems what so ever. great cut, great machine. maintenace is the same as the exmark tthp walkbehind i had.