Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,896 Posts
Yeah, and in 20 years they redesigned the diaphragm how many times?

Those brass bleed screws were a joke too.... or maybe it was just the nylon washer that was the problem.....I've had about a 50/50 track record on being able to make one of those bleed screws stop leaking once turned on.

Frankly, I think Toro did a better job with the Flo Pro... the ones at my house have been going for something like 14 years. And only one redesign of the diaphragm... :laugh: and one of the solenoid.

· Banned
19,676 Posts

Those brass bleed screws were a joke too.... or maybe it was just the nylon washer that was the problem.....I've had about a 50/50 track record on being able to make one of those bleed screws stop leaking once turned on.

Frankly, I think Toro did a better job with the Flo Pro... the ones at my house have been going for something like 14 years. And only one redesign of the diaphragm... :laugh: and one of the solenoid.
Yes it had issues. Heck we've all got issues. What's a few issues in the life of a valve? I enjoyed tinkering with it. What can I say.

· Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the valve was already there, we ripped up the zone it was attached to when installing the waterfalls, i figured what the heck we'll use this valve to run the fills... guess that was a mistake. of well.

· Registered
2,820 Posts

OMG...............there really is a different folk for every stroke..........or different joke.........Not sure when the word Flo-Pro is used in a sentence.

· Registered
59,974 Posts
Until the body cracks..I have replaced many because of hairline cracks....
Not me, but I don't see that ABS-body valve as much as the nylon-body MPT x barb version.

I wonder if there are some shifting-clay issues in locations with cracked valve bodies (assuming they aren't suffering freeze damage) ~ Poly systems might also work out differently, as well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.