• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Toro Mid-Size WB's

Mowman

LawnSite Senior Member
Anyone using the stripe kit that toro offers as an option on their WB's? If so how does it work and is worth the extra cost. Thanks for your input. Mowman

Evan528

LawnSite Silver Member
you dont need a stripe kit for a toro! the toro decks are designed so well and have such air flow that it stripes the lawn perfectly! i have a toro z master... that think stripes awsome! since ive bought it last year i have had many compliments on the stripes! they say there lawn looks like a baseball feild. my gravely rider stripes also but dosnt have as good of air flow so the stripes arent nearly as dramatic!

mountain man

LawnSite Member
Spend the money on the striping kit! It is only about $40 bucks and is well worth the cost. The zmasters may alreay have the striping kits in them but the WBs do not. I bought 4 WBs last month. Three with the kit and one without. It was obvious after comparing cuts that we had to order the kit for the other new mower. Be aware that a couple of the smaller deck WBs to not have striping kits available. I know this is true on the 32inch floating. I know the following do have striping kits available: 36 and 48 fixed, 44 and 52 floating deck. I hope this helps.

mountain man

LawnSite Member
The striping kits are well worth the money. The WBs do not come with striping kits like the zmasters. I bought 4 new Toro WBs this spring and it was obvious after comparing cuts that we had to add striping kits to the WBs that did not have striping kits. Be aware that a couple of the smaller WBs do not have kits available. The striping kits cost less than $50.

mountain man

LawnSite Member
Sorry for the duplicate posts. I didn't think the first one went through. By the way everyone has been happy with the Toros we've purchased It is worth the money to go with the floating decks over the fixed decks however.

mountain man

LawnSite Member
There is not much to the striping kit. It is a piece of industrial rubber with some kind of weight at the bottom. It mounts on the back of the frame accross the deck behind the blades. As you mow it then flattens the cut grass in the direction you are mowing.

Scraper

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone see the article in Landscape Management this month about adding services? One of the services was for striping lawns. Heck don't most of us do it without having to buy these striping kits? I know my Scag lays awesome stripes. LM must be being paid by the manufacturer to tell us all we need this as an added service even though our stock equipment can do it for free!