1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro mulching kit or vac?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcare, Jun 16, 2003.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Before I get yelled at I have done a search I did not find the info I was looking for.

I have a Toro 62" 23 hp Z-Master. I have been beating myself in the head trying to figure out whether to buy a DFS Vac or a mulching kit for leave clean ups. I already have business lined up for the fall. I would rather use the mulching kit but I am curious as to how well this will do on large amounts of leaves. I am talking about leaves 12", 16", 20" deep!

For those of you who use a Toro mulching kit, will it tackle this kind of work?

For those of you who use a Toro DFS Vac, will my Kohler 23hp be enough engine to handle this thing?

Some people I have talked to seem to think that they will have too many leaves for a mulching kit. They are also worried about that many leaves, even mulched, being put back down on their yard.

Any comments will be appreciated.

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

The vac will do a much CLEANER job - yes, the Kohler can handle it with ease