Toro or Exmark 21"

xtremelawn

LawnSite Member
i have always used the toro's but this year my dealer is really trying to push the exmarks. What are the Pro's and Con's of the Exmark mowers.

Thanks

weaver

LawnSite Bronze Member
i have always used the toro's but this year my dealer is really trying to push the exmarks. What are the Pro's and Con's of the Exmark mowers.

Thanks
I'm in the same situation torn between both units. I do no they are extremly expensive atleast the Exmark X series is. I been also thinking about a snapper commercial 21 " highvac, i don't know why though all i use a 21" for is to mow out a couple of ditches my zero turn can't get in.

joemower

LawnSite Member

Thanks
Both are great mowers. I used the Toros for over 25 years. They were great until they made the switch to a 4 stroke motor. At that time I tried others like Honda and Kubota. They didin't work out for diferent reasons so I tried the Exmarks. Love it! I think Exmark has improved apon what Toro started. I like the simplicity and ruggedness of the Exmark over the Toro. It has a deeper deck, better bagging system, improved wheel height adjusters, and a simplier drive and blade bails. Mows as well or better than the Toro even when mulching. All around a more solid and balance feel to it. I would definately recomend spluging for the Honda GSX motor option. I still have a bunch of the Toros in our fleet but the Exmarks are definitely our go to mower!