1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro or Gravley?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sbc1971, Mar 7, 2006.

1. sbc1971

sbc1971 LawnSite Member

I am going to purchase a new 36' w/b this week, I have the same price quoted on a 2006 Gravely or a new 2005 (still in the crate) Toro.Both 36" w/b, belt drive.The price not being a factor,which one of these two is of better quality and durability and overall the better mower? Thanks for your opinion and help.

2. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

i just bought a brand new toro hydro that was an '03 model that was still in the create and i like it paid 2600 for it and bought the toro sulky for it for 400 its a better sulky then the aftermarket one. i havent mowed with mine yet but ive taken it around the block rides pretty nice. the only thing i saw differnet on the gravely was that it had a easy deck hieght change.

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have had really good luck with a Gravely. I like that I can adjust the deck height in about 1 minute. And I like the dealer. It is all about the dealer

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Hmm...I know I do it in under a minute, I would say 20 seconds and I can have the deck height changed on my Gravely 36" walk-behind.