Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Toro 20038 w/ the Personal Pace system. When I start to push the bar to activate some forward movement I can sometimes hear a fast clicking sound (almost like gears slipping or something).

Also, when I'm mowing I think I can hear a lighter version of that same clicking under the rumble of the engine. There's no degradation in performance or anything (as far as I can tell)... but I'm not so sure those are 'normal' operating sounds.

ARE those normal sounds? I've only had the mower for a few hours of use.

Thanks!!

-Duper

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
the new Toro steel deck POS mowers were not greased from the factory. Take off your drive wheels and grease them, you may still have a clicking which can be normal (just how the self propelled works)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'll try that. My dealer provides me w/ free servicing after 5 hours of use (oil change and what not), so I think I'll pass along the request to them. :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by saw man
the new Toro steel deck POS mowers were not greased from the factory. Take off your drive wheels and grease them, you may still have a clicking which can be normal (just how the self propelled works)
THIS ISN"T A STEEL DECK MOWER - the drive wheels on this unit have grease points - use em'

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, it cuts and mulches GREAT - and won't use it but a couple times a week.

What don't you guys like about it? :confused:

I'm sure if I used it day in and day out it would only last a couple years, but it's not rated for commercial use so... :rolleyes: as to be expected I think.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought two of the 22" Toro Personal Pace mowers. They are working excellent for what we need them for. Originally I was sold on buying commercial mowers (Honda Xenoy). My guys were tearing up cables and wheels so badly that I decided why spend the extra money.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by Duper
Well, it cuts and mulches GREAT - and won't use it but a couple times a week.

What don't you guys like about it? :confused:

I'm sure if I used it day in and day out it would only last a couple years, but it's not rated for commercial use so... :rolleyes: as to be expected I think.
POS - i was reading as Preferred Operating System. There is nothing wrong with these units - you said so yourself

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.