Lawn Care Forum banner

Toro recycler & Atomic blades....

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Tonyr 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

what is the differences/qualities/pros and cons of the above mentioned blade types, and what application suits each one over the other?

All I know is the Atomic is similar to a Gator type design, don't know how good it is though and I haven't even seen the Recycler design yet...

Next question, if you wanted a dual purpose blade for side discharging and mulching, what blade would come closest to being the most capable, atomic, recyler, med sail, high sail blades?

Broad question I know....:)

Thanks!

#4 ·
I bought Exmark blades to put on my Toro Z147 44" rider. The Atomic blades just weren't giving a good cut. Put the Exmark blades on and WHAMO! problem solved.

Mike

#5 ·
:) Tony ive got a set of Atomic blades, they do a good job but the cost is way to much, i run gators on mine, as for discharging i run two reg med-lifts and 1 high-lift on the chute side which works out well for me, this setup also works well when bagging...Marks Mowing Service

#6 ·
Thanks folks!

Great tips there Mark, never thought of a way of increasing discharge velocity and volume just by changing the one blade!

I wander if med lifts would do OK as a mulcher and side discharge blade....?

What about the "recycler" blade from Toro...anyone know?

I mow on the coast so the ground is sand and the stuff I cut is bermuda with wirey weeds usually, I guess the gator would be a good sand blade with the serrated sail?

#7 ·
Hey Mark, you bought a new Toro 580 series with T.F deck didn't you?

I'm asking about blades as I am getting another demo, 2 days hopefully so I'd thought I'd play around with blades, just need to narrow down the choices some :)

#8 ·
Hey mate,
"Roy Gripsky & Sons" sells the Gators.Aparently they don't last long in the sand. ASP told me they brought out some Gator style blades a while back and they where getting eaten alive around the coast.

Roy Gripsky & Sons QLD..... PH#: 1300 363 004

#9 ·
You might call meg-mo and ask Roy about his blades. I plan on trying them this spring. I have had real good luck with exmark high lift (solid foil) blades. They lift the grass, eliminating stringers, and blow it far enough that it does not windrow or clump. We use gators only for leaves. They clump in wet grass and lack lift-this is tall fescue and bluegrass.

#10 ·
I have not used Atomic blades on my w/b, but have tried them on my 21" ProLine. No good! The 21" blade has less lift than a standard OEM blade. The mulching capability wasn't any better than a standard OEM blade. I did not try the blade for leaf mulching -- leaf mulching with a standard OEM blade on the ProLine works well.

One more item in the barrel at the side of the garage.

#11 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Thanks for the # Alex, I've heard of this company somewhere...:)
With gator style blades being used for discharging here it is illegal as if a piece of the serrated sail gets broken off it becomes a deadly flying object.

Anyone know what these Toro Recycler's are about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.