1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Sfs Deck Corrosion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prand, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Prand

Prand LawnSite Member

Where can I purchase a new or used deck 52" for my Toro Rider.Its a Z150 model number 74172

2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Try power equipment parts warehouse. They are also a sponsor on here.

3. Prand

Prand LawnSite Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I got a 44 sfs on my z master and I got rust too I know they rust out bad.

5. Prand

Prand LawnSite Member

Is there a warranty on these decks ? Just very upset that I have to spot weld around all the pulleys. There are rust thru spots all around the pulleys. a new deck cost over $1300.Not looking to spend quite that much

6. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

How old is your mower? Decks will rust through, especially in wet conditions. Consider having a welding shop form and weld a large sheet of metal onto the underside of the deck to deal with the rusty spots. I am assuming its rusting from the underside to the outside right? If you cover enough of the deck with new metal, it should be almost as good as a new deck.

7. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Toro will not stand behind there sorry SFS decks, thats why I quit them.

8. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Well, the decks have 1 or 2 year warranties and that is that. I assume you are well past 2 years in age right?
    The SFS decks really aren't bad decks. But they don't compare in any way to the new TF decks.