• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Toro Spreader / Sprayer

Easy Peasy

LawnSite Member
Does anyone on here use the Toro spreader / sprayer ? If so, have you had any problems with a clicking sound in the transmission ?

Ken67

LawnSite Member
Does anyone on here use the Toro spreader / sprayer ? If so, have you had any problems with a clicking sound in the transmission ?
I own two units one with over 900 hours and one with about 200 hours... the clicking noise comes from the rear wheels..... it’s a keyed shaft both units make the same noise.

Ken67

LawnSite Member
Nothing to worr
I own two units one with over 900 hours and one with about 200 hours... the clicking noise comes from the rear wheels..... it’s a keyed shaft both units make the same noise.

Nothing to be concerned with.... keep everything greased.... replaced my first pump at 900 hrs.... it was still working but it was getting weak.

OP
Easy Peasy

Easy Peasy

LawnSite Member
That.s good to hear Ken ! Thanks for your reply.

OP
Easy Peasy

Easy Peasy

LawnSite Member
I got new tires, wasn’t much tread left, 65 acres a year, 5 times a year.... that’s my maintenance cost for 4 years.
I will have to replace my front tires shortly. They wore out prematurely because I had to replace the bolts that hold the steering assembly together. Also, I have had to replace the sprayer control valves because 2 of them were leaking so I replaced them all. With that being said I have been pretty happy will it overall. We have just recently bought a new spray truck 800 / 150 / 50 that will be doing the bulk of our spraying, but I have some large lawns that we will still be using the Toro on.