Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toro z-100, 44", 17hp. Since the time I bought it is has never striped well, and I have tried making my own striping kits, but none have really worked. I do not really want to use chains or a rubber flap, but I like the roller. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Originally posted by NCSULandscaper
Mainly fescue with a few patches of bermuda.
Thanks NCSU,

I know you've been happy with your SFS decks (no clumping). Are you cutting cool season stuff like I would here in the northeast?

Perennial rye, fescue and bluegrass as well?

I'm looking at a used 2000 23hp 62" deck, with aftermarket collection (aluminum box style). 700hrs. think I can get for $3,500. Sound ok to you? My main concern is having something that old may be more of a headache than anything. spindles, bearnigs, wheel motors, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
I will get all specs for yall this afternoon. Fescue is the only cool season grass we have around here GreenMonster. No bluegrass or perennial rye. We just use annual rye for winter color. Bermuda is mostly considered a weed here, since we are in a transitional zone, fescue is the preferred choice in grass.

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
The bracket is roughly 2" wide and 4 1/2" long. The end hole where the roller fits into is a stamped 7/16" hex, so the roller just moves and not the axle. The roller sits between 1/4" to 1/2" above the ground. And does not need to be moved while the deck is above 2 1/2"

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Banned
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by GrassRoots Grounds
How bad does it get tore up when you go up and down curbs??
It doesnt. It lifts the entire deck up when you back over a curb. That is if it even hits it at all when the deck is all the way up. 1/4" steel shouldnt budge a bit lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.