Toro tbar users, I have a question

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Thank you for the reply. I manhandled it yesterday and yes was tired. The problem was when I let go of the tbar the pro shut off so I was constantly turning it back on which cannot be good for it. I am in fairly good shape but I still couldn’t muster the muscle to bring it back. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something in the handling of these machine. Any other pointers you might have I’ll take them! I was actually just shifting it back into reverse at the end to back it up to turn but that got old.
When you “let go” you are keeping one hand on the operator presence (bar) in a limp wrist style. Aka “noodle arm”

if you can’t master the man handle 3 point turn, the best thing to do is run double cut on the outside perimeter to leave yourself enough room for a lazy loop turn.
When done cutting your pattern frame it by cutting the perimeter again to clean up your turn lines

OP
Justin Becker

Justin Becker

LawnSite Member
you make I look hard
I literally do that yank turn one handed... maybe it’s because you’re shorter/less leverage?

but yea that’s essentially the “t bar shuffle”
Thank you so much. You make that look easy! I was playing with it trying to find that sweet spot between when it kicks in and where it’s neutral.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Thank you so much. You make that look easy! I was playing with it trying to find that sweet spot between when it kicks in and where it’s neutral.
Right

it’s a bit of a dance
you kinda drive it with one hand trying to find the neutral/drive balance like you do with a clutch and you yank it back with the other hand
You’re turning with the outside wheel while pulling back the inside wheel in the turn
Takes a lot of the effort out of it

OP
Justin Becker

Justin Becker

LawnSite Member
Well it’s heading back to the shop now. I used it for the only third time yesterday and have a total of about 1 hr on it and the left side of the tbar is catching on something. It won’t return to its normal position when you let go unless you yank back on it.

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Well it’s heading back to the shop now. I used it for the only third time yesterday and have a total of about 1 hr on it and the left side of the tbar is catching on something. It won’t return to its normal position when you let go unless you yank back on it.
Spring missing or broken ?
Should automatically return to neutral

OP
Justin Becker

Justin Becker

LawnSite Member
No. It catching on something. The funny thing was the last time I used it it was fine. Went to use it today and it started. Once I pull it back after it catches it then will come back like normal. I just can’t figure out what it’s catching on. And it will only do it when it’s running. When it’s shut off it stops.