Toro tbar users, I have a question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Justin Becker, Oct 6, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

Justin Becker LawnSite Member

Yes. It’s too bad toro is not going to make them anymore.

2. MikeJG

MikeJG LawnSite Member

Plus you can run it one handed if under branches and such. You can't do that with a pistol grip set up

MILLC likes this.
  3. MikeJG

MikeJG LawnSite Member

Here is the video we took. I do hope it helps you.

hort101, Mattmowsgrass and TPendagast like this.
  4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

When you “let go” you are keeping one hand on the operator presence (bar) in a limp wrist style. Aka “noodle arm”

if you can’t master the man handle 3 point turn, the best thing to do is run double cut on the outside perimeter to leave yourself enough room for a lazy loop turn.
    When done cutting your pattern frame it by cutting the perimeter again to clean up your turn lines

sehitchman, MILLC and hort101 like this.
  5. TPendagast

Male

you make I look hard
    I literally do that yank turn one handed... maybe it’s because you’re shorter/less leverage?

but yea that’s essentially the “t bar shuffle”

Mattmowsgrass likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

Thank you so much. You make that look easy! I was playing with it trying to find that sweet spot between when it kicks in and where it’s neutral.

7. TPendagast

Male

Right

it’s a bit of a dance
    you kinda drive it with one hand trying to find the neutral/drive balance like you do with a clutch and you yank it back with the other hand
    You’re turning with the outside wheel while pulling back the inside wheel in the turn
    Takes a lot of the effort out of it

8. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

Well it’s heading back to the shop now. I used it for the only third time yesterday and have a total of about 1 hr on it and the left side of the tbar is catching on something. It won’t return to its normal position when you let go unless you yank back on it.

9. TPendagast

Male

Spring missing or broken ?
    Should automatically return to neutral

10. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

No. It catching on something. The funny thing was the last time I used it it was fine. Went to use it today and it started. Once I pull it back after it catches it then will come back like normal. I just can’t figure out what it’s catching on. And it will only do it when it’s running. When it’s shut off it stops.