Toro tbar users, I have a question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Justin Becker, Oct 6, 2019.

1. MikeJG

MikeJG LawnSite Member

Have you taken it to the shop yet? Can you post any pics for us?

2. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

Justin Becker LawnSite Member

Not yet. Will go tomorrow. It just started yesterday and I am going to use it today as it’s been raining here and I am behind. I’ll just deal with it today. I will take some pics

3. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure but I think there should be a clocking spring down above the wheel by where the adjustments are made that returns things to a neutral position when you let go of the tbar. make sure that it is in place and doing its thing. Make sure that piece moves freely and isn't hanging up somehow.

4. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

It’s there. The weird thing is that it only does it when running. If it’s off it won’t do it.

5. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, that is weird. when its off check both sides to see that they feel and operate similar. Maybe that piece is a liitle bent or somehow things are just a little too tight on that spring so that when its running its stickingi and won't won't release. It's a shame you are having these troubles with your new machine, they are great simple machines and it sounds like the dealer is not too famiiiar with their setup.

hort101 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

No, my dealer is great. And the weird thing is that it worked fine two weeks ago the last time I used it. Went to use it yesterday and it was there. Had not touched the machine in interim

7. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

At least it’s under warranty so it won’t cost me anything. Only my time to drop it off

hort101 likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

Ok got it dropped off and the tech was going to look at it. He could definitely tell there was a catch and a problem.

On a side note does anyone run a grass catcher on theirs? Was wondering about a standard toro brand, accelerator, catch rite? Any brand I should be looking for?

MILLC likes this.
  9. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Toros fix to the T-Bar, currently for sale $1,200

20191021_181343.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    Justin Becker

I demoed one of those. Hated it. My wrists hurt so bad after a while. I’ll stick to my tbar—thanks

MILLC and Bumpmaster like this.