Toro tbar users, I have a question

MILLC

LawnSite Member
I had a customer come out the other day and said you must be getting use to your new machine. You seem a lot more comfortable with it and we’re a lot quicker. I am so happy with it but I hate that learning curve. It still catches a bit but I am just going to run it
I am waiting for one of mine to say something to that effect; purchased my first hyrdo standon and I definitely feel the learning curve pains

OP
Justin Becker

Justin Becker

LawnSite Member
I am waiting for one of mine to say something to that effect; purchased my first hyrdo standon and I definitely feel the learning curve pains
I demo’d a grandstand this spring. I really wanted to like it but just couldn’t get use to it. I always felt like I was going to slip off of it. I still like walking a yard and with a sulky I kind of get the best of both worlds.

MILLC

LawnSite Member
Yeah I totally understand. The grandstand is really just that too- way up there. I thought I maybe I would sell the tbar shortly after the purchase but it really made me appreciate the WBs and they definitely have their place. Bugged my local into taking my ol girl in for some TLC lol.

OP
Justin Becker

Justin Becker

LawnSite Member
Tbar guys. I would like to get a bagger for my new tbar. Toro quoted me about $450 for their soft bagger and it’s 3bu. I looked at accelerator and it’s 3.3 for about the same price. And they have an extended version which is a lot more and goes to like 5bu. Is there another brand I should look at? What are the opinions on this?

MILLC

LawnSite Member
Durability and storage when not in use (on the trailer/truck) is lacking with the toro bag. I’ve beaten mine up quite a bit. I Have a grass gobbler for my Wright (have just used it with small amounts of leaves so far) and appreciate the solid design with that style vs the soft bag but still not sold performance with wet grass/leaves; Afraid I’m going to notice sagging on one side of my deck due to the weight of the catcher being on the deck vs mounted to the frame rails on the toro branded bagger. All that being said- if you have the space & are good at not beating up on stuff the soft bag is really nice. Just make sure you keep it cleaned out and air dry it thoroughly.