Toro Time Master Oil capacity?

South Hills Lawns

LawnSite Member
Hey guys,

I just bought a time master and did my 5 hour oil change per the manual.

I originally poured the 20 oz bottle they gave to me in when first purchased. I bet i took a couple ounces after realizing that was too much..

fast forward today, I put in 16 oz as a start, it already appears to be just over the max fill line. From what i'm reading in the manual, it says the capacity is 20 oz ( I have the latest model).

Could it be that this thing still had 3-4 oz when i emptied it? I let it sit for at least 5-10 minutes.

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
How are you draining the oil? Drain plug? Tipping mower? ( sorry, never worked on one)
Are you warming the engine up a few minutes before draining?

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
Look, you never can get all the old oil out.
I ALWAYS pour half the full amount in, check stick, add a tad more, check again, add more, etc.
Ya never just dump all the oil in.

OP
South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns

LawnSite Member
Look, you never can get all the old oil out.
I ALWAYS pour half the full amount in, check stick, add a tad more, check again, add more, etc.
Ya never just dump all the oil in.
That's why I started with 16 Oz. I was shocked to see that even with 4 Oz till capacity it was over full.

How are you draining the oil? Drain plug? Tipping mower? ( sorry, never worked on one)
Are you warming the engine up a few minutes before draining?
Yes I warmed it up, and I did the tip method. The drain plug for that mower is insane to get to and would likely end up in a messy situation.

Breezmeister

LawnSite Silver Member
The drain plug for that mower is insane to get to and would likely end up in a messy situation.

Been there done that :laugh:

I got one of these years ago to drain the fluid out of snow plow pumps. Modified it with the straw out of a Fast Orange hand cleaner pump so that it would reach all the way down to the bottom of the sump.......

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG