1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Toro tru trak sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Newell Prop Maintanence, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Newell Prop Maintanence

Newell Prop Maintanence LawnSite Member

So I have a 48” toro turbo force and am being told the only sulky I can add is the factory tru trak which runs around $1300 new has anyone else run into this or tried adding an off brand sulky?

234CF4AA-8FB2-4D10-BBBE-E04DD566C766.png

2. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

You can run any sulky you want. I made my own using a trailer hitch and some pneumatic tires. Cost under $75. Who told you you need to run their sulky MTI? This is how they make money. Might be time to start looking for a new dealer.
    EDIT sorry thought you were in Plymouth MN, so skip the MTI part but the rest is sound advice IMO.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    hort101 likes this.
  3. Mac-s Lawn & Snow

Mac-s Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

Look at havener(bradley) velke and jungle jim if you want to by one.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Platinum Member

the havner is junk -don't buy

5. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

Do you own one? I've been using them for 10+ yrs(im on my 2nd one) and find it to be far better then the jungle jim I had prior.

6. lawnboy dan

i had the single wheel model. didn't hold up. poorly made

7. lawnboy dan

the velkie x2 is my sulky of choise. had my first one 16 years with only tires replaced.

8. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

The tru trac is a great sulky very comfortable . I like the standing position as it has a wider stance which is advantageous in hot weather as it keeps the “boys” cooler . It just has more real estate to move around on aiding in your comfort.

Have had the velke X2 as well and it too was a good unit but found it harsher on my body more so then the tru trac. It also had a narrower stance which kept my legs tighter together making the “boys” hotter. Lol. Loved how compact it became in the tucked up position though.

I’m just to big for a single wheel sulky. Butt......Honestly really any unit can be run off the back of that mower but it might take some holes drilled or a custom bracket fabbed up. If you are scared to do any of that then the tru trac should be a direct fit unit as it’s built for that mower. I built my own homemade bracket and had my tru trac on my Turf Tracer.

sehitchman, sjessen and hort101 like this.
  9. Ole_blue

Ole_blue LawnSite Member

Velke 2 wheel version. What ever you decide, get one that can go backwards. I had a pro stance for a little and got to where the tight areas weren't worth the hassle of going backwards to get out. Yes you can back them up like a trailer but the ability to step off and back up fast is worth it to me.

Who likes backing up a 1 foot trailer.

10. lawnboy dan

the velkie 2 wheels also beats me up badly. i bought the redesighned new x2 and its much more body friendly.