Toro TXL 2000

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by brichter14, Aug 22, 2018.

1. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I just don’t see the benefit to these machines over a skid steer anymore?

If you’re on and off the machine all day I guess but when they’re this big and this heavy and cost as much as they do and they still run full size attachments, I don’t see it

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Better visibility. For residential construction that’s the biggest advantage. And it’s a big one.

3. AWilsonCreativeServices

AWilsonCreativeServices LawnSite Senior Member

^ I agree that the visibility would be a game changer in tight construction zones. But I do have to wonder-
    Apple is one of the most successful companies in recent memory to create demand for a product out of thin air with the iPhone, then iPad, and laptops , then adding steps between these products with the iPad Mini and the really large iPhones (the old 'if you build it, they will come' mentality).
    Does the TX2000 fill an undeserved and hungey market niche between a miniskid and a smaller full-sized machine to justify it's introduction? I guess the answer must be yes, as Toro wouldn't be developing this just for fun...

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

What I'm inferring is most of us in residential construction have a skid and mini skid, the skid spends most of it's time in the pick and carry world. Maybe some will be tempted to skip the skid all together.