Lawn Care Forum banner

toro z350 vs. walker

5K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  BCSteel 
#1 ·
was interested in a toro 350 bagger and the salesman mentioned i consider a walker 26 hp efi(both 48") for about the same money. he called the walker the cadillac of mowers and said it was every landscapers dream to have one. how much smoke is he blowing? where does walker fit on the quality scale?better than exmark? thx

#28 ·
Don't have alot to say here. I'll chime in on this though.

IMO the walkers are not a good alrounder. If you want somthing that is great on smaller manicured lots that are flat and dry the walkers would be a good mower for you. Walker mowers in my eyes are a machine that is great for a LCO that wants to replace his 21''s with a rider so he can pack more of the smaller residentials into one day. Not so he can expand his biz into other sorts of cutting. IJMO

If you want somthing that will tackel a variety of cutting condtions and open your LCO up to taking on other kinds of jobs (particualy larger comercials that require a manicured look) and also provide the versatlity to go from much to catch or SD without buying three decks I would be looking at either the Toro Z355 or a SCAG Cougar. The cougar has a three in one deck that will Mulch, Catch and side discharge, so I'd add that to the Demo list too. It's also (I think) the heavyest of the bunch.

What do you want out of your bagger ridder?

They all have thier place.

#29 ·
Great post Alex, I totally agree with ya.

True, moving up from a 21'er to a Walker is the step process most would take, light weight catch ride on mower, never thought of it that way, but I think you are right mate!

Mostly suitable for well maintained jobs.

SCAG's 3 in 1 deck, love to see it, nowadays they should all be 3 in 1...but they would miss extra deck sales.

If my Z355 had a 3 in 1, I would still own it.

#30 ·
Originally posted by Avery
Can't do that man. This is a public forum for the sole purpose of stating opinions. Even ones that go against your ignorance. Glad you use Walkers and like them. I wish more of my competitors did.....I would soon have all of their accounts. Have you paid any attention at all to some of the other Walker users posts? Seem many agree with me. Wonder why?? Like I said all but one LCO in my area has ridden them selves of the yellow curse. Curious eh?

What you did in 700 hours on that yellow snail I could have done in 350 on a Toro 355.
My ignorance? Youre the one proclaiming to know all of the conditions and situations that I work in to say that a toro would be a better fit for me. Its a fact that the toro would fit into 30% less area than the walker on my props. Why would I want to spend the same amount of money on a machine and get 30% less productivity out of it?

Sometimes your vanity is really amazing. Have fun riding your toro with all your mirror attachments.

#31 ·
Its amazing how a few people have to keep bashing the4 thread to get the point across.

Bottom line is that everyone has an opinion. I refuse to bash other mowers. I used to do it but not any more. Bottom line is I could care less what others think about the mower I use. My bottom line keeps growing and I know how to use my machine to make me money and I have had no down time for any other reason.

#32 ·
My mower is faster than your mower, nah, nah, na nah nah! LOL!

My mower is sexier than your mower, nah, nah, na nah nah! LOL!

My mower is a nicer colour than your mower, nah, nah, na nah nah! LOL!

My mower's name starts with the same initial as my name (*T*) nah, nah, na nah nah! LOL!

I like my mower better than your mower, nah, nah, na nah nah! LOL!

Need I go on? LOL!

#33 ·
Tonyr: By scalping I mean every little bump would leave circles in the grass, where it would dig in even at crawling speed. The catcher would not dump because of the lip on the inside, you had to dig out the grass with the door flopping down on you. I could go on and on. I actually had to park it for a year because the quality was so bad, it was embarassing. My customers noticed the differences too. I tried to trade it back to Toro for another machine, and they blew me off, absolutely did NOT want it back period. So that has kept me away from Toro .... I learned a valuable lesson about buying a copycat mower before really testing to see if they had worked the bugs out. In this case it was a lousy imatation. But it was a really sharp lounge chair in my shop.....lol

#35 ·
I hate to be Johny come lately but can you gentleman address the attachments? Not really on this site, but around town I keep hearing about all the money the Walker will make you NOT cutting. Like dethaching, leaves, up north but a moot point down south winter attachments. This is not a smartass comment I truely want to know if my local LCO are correct in there accessments. Does Toro lack all te extras?

#36 ·
I havn't used to many attachments for the walker. 42" ghs - good all round deck, 42" euro ghs deck - good for cutting lawns at 2" and under because of more air flow, 42" mulching deck - pretty good at mulching with little blow out, spring tine rake - Pretty good at taking out dead grass from that year but nothing compared to a power rake. Best used before aerating imo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.