1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Toro Z450 Pro Performance Series purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gml9, Jun 7, 2005.

1. gml9

gml9 LawnSite Member

Planning on purchasing a Toro Z450 48" 23 Koehler. Will I be happy with this model? I know sitting in the seat will be great v. riding the Velke all day for a dozen residentials. The other reason I'm purchasing is I worried that sooner or later my 52 w/b will need servicing- leaving me out to dry!

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey I just got my Zmaster 48 turbo force 19 kawi last week. Plenty of power and at under 6 grand it was a steal. I dont know what your cutting but I played in the pasture yesterday and took 1 ft tall bermuda down in a single pass at half speed. Bogged a little bit but is more than adequate for mowing maintained lawns at a very productive speed. The turbo force deck is simply amazing. You may wanna opt for the mulch kit ( I'm waiting on mine) or a block off plate or quick chute type thing as this thing SERIOUSLY throws some grass. I threw grass all over my truck from nearly 15 ft away.

bottom line... super mower. Good price (least mine was) and super cut.

I love mine and wouldnt trade it for anything. (well maybe a 590 diesel)