1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Toro ZMaster 100

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snake1040, Feb 14, 2000.

1. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I am looking at a toro z100 44" 17hp and wanted to know what you guys thought of it before I bought it or possibly another brand I have overlooked.

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

It's basically an Exmark Lazer Z HP w/ a Toro 44" deck. I'm not crazy about the Toro 44. I'd lean towards a 52" if you can use it.

3. KB

KB LawnSite Member

I looked at this same mower and compared to the Exmark. As you may know, they are basically the same mower with the exception of the deck. It is a good mower, but go with the Exmark instead. It has a much better deck which is deeper and with a thicker walled construction.

4. Dear &quot;Snake&quot;,<p>Why spend $5500 list for a machine that has such little production?<p>If you go to traderonline.com you will<br>find for sale some used Toros that would not place you in such a<br>cash bind.<p>TORO 48&quot; with 16Hp Kholer with Velke Ryder, $1,650 obo.,Location: Miami, FL<p>LAWN EQUIPMENT, Toro 18HP ZTR hydro 48&quot;, $1600, Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL<p>Who knows what you will find usless you take a look at these units. Pay one the techs at<br>the Toro dealer to go look at the units and<br>get an &quot;honest&quot; opinion.<p>

5. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

Snake, I purchased a Toro 44&quot; ZTR in December, '99. As they say hind sight is 20-20. Well they are correct. I bought the 44&quot; to make sure I could get into the gated lawns I have to mow. This was to avoid buying a walk behind. Wrong. I have several yards that I can not use the ZTR on because of the gate, hills, etc. I wish I had bought the 52&quot; and also bought an inexpensive 36&quot; walk behind for those hard to get areas. <p>Some of these guys have been at this a lot longer than I have. And they usually give pretty sound advice. Someone above suggested the 52&quot; That was a great suggestion. Get the 52&quot; and get a 36&quot; walk behind for hard to get areas.<p><p>----------<br>Jeff<br>