Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .
Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Dirtykneez, Mar 25, 2013.
Our first wildfire today.
350 acres, steep terrain, 40mph winds.
Posted via Mobile Device
yep... we're under a red flag warning down here in the LA area too. We're supposed to be in the high 90's by tomorrow with hot, dry off shore winds and gusts up to 60mph...... we've got a lot of dry hills full of heavy brush.... hopefully things won't go bad.....
Dan,in weather like that, do you send the crew to all your sites to adjust, or are most Central?
Funny thing, we were under red flag warning yesterday. This snow put an end to that...... for a week.
Most of our big sites are either on central or they have local weather based controls. We watch the 5 day forecast pretty closely and if it looks like it is going to warm up then we tell the irrigation techs to make adjustments as needed. Since we visit every site on a weekly basis to inspect the irrigation it's not a big deal. The crazy thing is that we're supposed to be at 97 degrees on Friday but they are calling for a chance of rain on Sunday.
Just a tad about average temps for this time of year ..... just a tad.