• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

towing a trailer

Lawn Services

LawnSite Member
just wanted to know if anyone put grease on the ball
of the trailer hitch i've been running mine dry for sometime
with no problems just wonderd if it was a good idea
and if so what type of grease

CCLC

LawnSite Senior Member
We grease certain trailer balls. Just the ones that have screw latches. The flip latches we don't usually bother with. It is something that doen't have to be done but a couple times a summer for us. We just do it to keep the balls from wearing out.

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
We only grease the ones that have the same truck/trailer combo all summer.

Most of them we're using a different truck/trailer combinations and the grease messy.

mowerman90

LawnSite Bronze Member
click on the search button for this subject and you should find several responses that were absoultly hilarious.

toddman35

LawnSite Member
lol, i remember the 1st time i read that tread, i couldnt stop laughing for 5 mintues! lol it still makes me laugh.

We changed all of our trailers to pintle type hitches, I feel that they are much safer and that way every truck will have the right hitch on it and would not have to change every time you change trailers. I think that the pintle types are much more heavier and every time you hook up you don't have to worry about the hitch coming loose or popping up. Just My Two Cents,

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
Originally posted by SLC1
We changed all of our trailers to pintle type hitches, I feel that they are much safer and that way every truck will have the right hitch on it and would not have to change every time you change trailers. I think that the pintle types are much more heavier and every time you hook up you don't have to worry about the hitch coming loose or popping up. Just My Two Cents,
Do you have a red Ford pulling a Big Tex by chance???