Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Lesco tow behind aerator. They have a 48" and 60" both can be used with three point hitch or towed. My compact tractor may be too big or heavy for some lawns. Anyone with experience using ZTR to tow with? Concerned about strain on wheel motors and hydro pumps. Would be using hustler z 24hp honda. Did search, did not find much.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Several peope have pulled these with their Z's, and thery've had absolutely no problems. There really isn't that much resistance from these units.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
What do you have for a compact tractor? I have a small 15hp Mits diesel w/3pt and it works great with the exact aerator you are talking about. It is a Classen split tine, same as a Lesco.

The 3 pt is great for when you come up to a sidewalk or driveway. I am in and out of properties much faster.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by MOW ED
What do you have for a compact tractor? I have a small 15hp Mits diesel w/3pt and it works great with the exact aerator you are talking about. It is a Classen split tine, same as a Lesco.

The 3 pt is great for when you come up to a sidewalk or driveway. I am in and out of properties much faster.
Mow Ed, I have a MF 1428V 28hp diesel 4x4.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LGF, How much weight should be added to that aerator for best results?

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
I pull the aerator with the lawn tractor. The Z doesn't even have a hitch.

One ironic thing I would like to add though. If someone posts about putting fluid in their tires for traction, a whole slew of people just have a fit......"you'll trash the hydros"

But areator towing is somehow different? I don't get it.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Easy set-up. Just weld or bolt a piece of flat stock across the lower back onto the two flat bars that come down around the motor. On the piece of flat stock that bolt on, you'll have a piece of reasonably sturdy 90 welded on.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Expert just take an older blade for your mower or one that is bent a little and lop the ends with the edges on it off. Then weld it to your lower back frame at the 90 degree angles. Then you have a quick hitch for aerators or whatever.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not a problem, Dixie Chopper hitch kit- O$ as this is standard equipment and the hydro sytem is rated to tow 2000 pounds. A side note on adding wieght to Aerators, This will change with soil conditions and moisture content.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.