1. Ask the Expert TODAY!
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Gather your top questions about fertilization and nutrient management and join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental TODAY at 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tractor for cutting or Kubota F-Series for snow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CP Estates, Dec 20, 2006.

1. CP Estates

CP Estates LawnSite Member
    from North

I'm looking for a second cutting unit for myself and there seems to be two ways to go for this if I want to use it to blow snow. One is a compact tractor that would be great for snow and other things if/when I wanted to use a tiller, backhoe etc. The other is something similar to the Kubota F-series that has a blower option off of the front PTO. In addition, I'd like to put a cab on it for the winters - the F-series has one and alot of the compacts do too.

The question is if you're cutting mostly 2 acre estates, realistically, how good would a compact tractor be for grass and is the Kubota versatile enough when compared to a tractor overall?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I would say that the F-series is probably going to be just a little better at mowing. But hey... it should be. It's a purpose built mower. But how much better. Probably not a lot... just easier to trim with since it's a front deck.

Crude basics are that the F series is just a little tractor you drive backwards.

All it all, if all you will be doing with it is mowing and blowing snow, the F-Series might be OK. If you want to be able to do a lot more stuff besides that, you might want to look into a Grasshopper w/Kubota diesel... Stiener... Ventrac.... or a compact tractor.

Me, I'd buy the compact tractor... you... well you have to decide...

3. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

I have an f-2100 an its great. Good cut, 72in deck. I love it but that just me.