Tractor seat vinyl

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by JohnWest, Jan 11, 2019.

1. JohnWest

JohnWest LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Just picked up a used JD Z810A with the vinyl covering on the seat all worn and ripped. Can I purchase the vinly wrap anywhere or do I have to either get it upholstered locally or buy a whole new seat? The foam is still in good shape.

Thanks

2. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

Tractor Supply, Amazon, Ebay all have seat covers that you can purchase. Some are universal and some are more tailored for your mower. Google John Deere seat cover

Breezmeister likes this.
  3. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

This what yer lookin' fer:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Breezmeister and dieselss like this.
  4. CorkyE

CorkyE LawnSite Member

^ Alabama Chrome... :)

5. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, like I always say : " Chrome don't get ya home !"

6. JohnWest

JohnWest LawnSite Member

Lol, nice. That would work, but I want to be able to protect the foam so the whole seat doesn't need replacing. A loose cover my do for now.

7. Walker56

Walker56 LawnSite Silver Member

You can scour Ebay and Craigslist for a better seat as well. Reupholstering might be cost prohibitive. An alternative might be a non OEM seat that is designed to fit your mower like this one:
    https://www.turfseats.com/p-979-km-441-lawn-mowerskid-steer-seat-assembly.aspx

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have a local guy that recovers my seats it's a good deal we trade out work I will clean up his leaves in fall or do a power rake in spring or something. He has done my last 3 seats in convertable top material it lasts along time and dries out pretty quick if they get rained on

Walker56 and Doc8406 like this.