1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Trade show displays

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by just pondering, Jan 18, 2011.

1. just pondering

just pondering LawnSite Member

Ok the trade shows are starting back up and lets help each other out by showing past displays or ideas that helped you get in the door for a meeting. But first can someone tell me how to post a pic on here.

Thanks

Jeff
    Pondering Waters, MI

2. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

Just go to the advance button and that willl let u post pics its next to the post quick reply button

3. turner_landscaping

turner_landscaping LawnSite Member

Here are some of our last year show it was a 10 x 20 booth.

50.jpg

2.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

4. tdmill2

tdmill2 LawnSite Member

5. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to set up a full size display pond at a trade show. I feel, however, that the cost of the required 20' x 20' min. required space plus the set-up and tear down costs would make any meaningful ROI unrealistic. Totally impractical for my uni-faceted business. I can see the value in ROI for a full service landscaper/hardscaper whose business is multi-faceted.

6. just pondering

These are some great pics i will post some this week.Tadpole did you ask if you can get the space for free sometimes at a larger show they might be willing to give you the spot for free because the larger displays is what the public come to see. We will have 40' x 40' display this year the spot is free and one of my suppliers is going to donate so supplies like mulch boulders and brick pavers. The only thing i have to pay for is water, electric, employee pay and any hand outs. We also teamed up with a local landscaper to do some landscape displays in our booth.

Jeff

7. tadpole

I need to move to Minnesota.

8. tadpole

Begs the question of how a Trade Show's promoters can explain to a company that just paid X amount of dollars for a display space that they didn't charge another company for a larger space? Smells fishy (no pun intended).

9. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

sometimes gotta keep things on the downlow..... I got a 10 x 10 for free just cause they liked me!?

10. just pondering

Yes sometimes you have to keep things quite, but every little bit helps, There are only so many spots the promoters have for this type of display and only a handful of shows that do this. The spot I have is retailed for $15,200 I don't know how many landscapers can afford this kind of money just to try to get leads That's why they give theses spots for free but i still have to pay for water and electric.

Jeff

Pondering Waters MI