Traded my Cheetah today for a V-ride II

Derwood

LawnSite Silver Member
I'm sure this will get mixed reviews from my LS brethren, but hey, it is what it is lol!

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now, and today when I saw a 2019 61 V-ride for sale at the Dealer, I had to inquire. The short of it is (assuming my guy I've worked with for 8 years is telling the truth) the mower was traded in by a fella who trades every two years because he likes his stuff under warranty. It's got the Kawi 801 engine. I traded my '16 Cheetah 61 inch with the 31 Kaw for the V-ride (both with about the same number of hours) even up. No cash, check, credit.... nothing. Only think I need to do with the V-ride is put new tires on it ($250).

I figure if I hate standing the whole time, I can always go back. But I am ready for a change. When I run my gen I v-ride for extended periods of time, my back and knees always feel so much better, than when I sit for those long times. Obviously taking a risk buying used, especially since I've taken really good care of the Cheetah. But in the end, I think this is going to be a better fit for me once I get a little more time on it.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Same deck, depends on your properties if they are more suited to a stander then made wise move. If not, then no.

OP
D

Derwood

LawnSite Silver Member
I have some super steep ditches at 1 account where sitting would probably be better. They are So steep I had to run a jumper wire on the seat safety switch on the cheetah (looks like that is hard to do with the V Ride II. But overall the vII is more balance with the rider between the wheels. DA is right though imo

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Mowing around low branched trees...sitting much Better

Top Forums