• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

traded

slplow

LawnSite Senior Member
Well just traded my 97 gmc 1ton dump 42k. For a new dodge dump. My gmc was a lemon. I have lost faith in gm and it's to bad because I never had trouble with my 82 or 87 gms.

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
should have gotten the new HD lineup from gm. I drove one yesterday and it was awesome. I have a 98 Chevy K-3500 chassis cab, and very few problems with it, I am sorry yours had so much trouble. At least it didnt burn.
Dino

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
I know 40K for an ext cab p/u with 8' bed is alot of cash. Wait a yr or two and the pricing will come down. Its a refined power, like a european luxery car with the d max, that may be why fans of the other type of trucks dont think it has alot of power. They are used to being slammed around by the auto tranny and ill mannered diesels that are in them.The grade braking feature on the tranny is unreal, until the other guys can match the performance of the entire drivetrain, they dont stand a chance, except with die hards.
Dino

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
With body, you are looking at ~$10,000 difference in price between a Cummins Dodge and a Isuzu GM. I think I would have gone with the Dodge also, esp if you are looking at a vehicle in the 11k gvw range.

Stonehenge

LawnSite Bronze Member
And for GM trucks of that size, see if you can find someone who can take advantage of the family discount plan. Those trucks (up to 16,000 gvw) count toward that plan.

OP
S

slplow

LawnSite Senior Member
No way would i give a nother dollar to gm.Here is a list ofthe problems.
2 fuel pumps
3 alts
2 batts
$1,500. into the front end.
paint cracks
can't hold a plow even with the barrs tund up
a mysterious no start problem ( starts one day will not start the next day)
oh the list goes on.
I chose dodge because my 96 dodge with 62k all i have done to it was put 1 fuel pump.

cat320

LawnSite Senior Member
Well i'm a gm man but i saw a 4504x4 today and it looked pretty good i wish gm would come out with there version of it.I heard the dmax is a kick ass engine from the 62-65 diesel page guys.

plowking35

LawnSite Bronze Member
gm will have a 450/550 type truck by end of the year.
Dino