• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Trading 2018 Tigercat 2 for a 2020 TT2 ? should I ?

lambdin

LawnSite Member
I've had my tc2 for 1.5 years and love the way it cuts! however I'm not crazy about the twitchy steering and the kohler engine, anyway after mulching leaves the other day the check engine light came on so I stopped by my dealer to have it checked out, long story short he offered me a great deal to trade up to his demo 2020 TT2's , it is a 61" with the Vanguard 31hp, does anyone have experienced this unit with the 31?. I would have preferred the 37 but its out of my budget, thanks

domguise

LawnSite Member
I have the tiger cat 2 with 32hp vanguard and I love that machine!! Scag makes great products. you might be able to demo the tt2. Though unless you are looking specifically at the turf tiger I would love to suggest the tiger cat with the 32hp vanguard!!

Cross Creek Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I've had my tc2 for 1.5 years and love the way it cuts! however I'm not crazy about the twitchy steering and the kohler engine, anyway after mulching leaves the other day the check engine light came on so I stopped by my dealer to have it checked out, long story short he offered me a great deal to trade up to his demo 2020 TT2's , it is a 61" with the Vanguard 31hp, does anyone have experienced this unit with the 31?. I would have preferred the 37 but its out of my budget, thanks
What’s the cost to upgrade?

OP
lambdin

lambdin

LawnSite Member
I/ve spent time on the Turf tiger 2's and its clearly a superior machine! from the frame to the pumps, shaft driven deck, horizontal engine etc, but my only question is about the vanguard 31, is it enough power?

Cross Creek Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
I/ve spent time on the Turf tiger 2's and its clearly a superior machine! from the frame to the pumps, shaft driven deck, horizontal engine etc, but my only question is about the vanguard 31, is it enough power?
Ive heard from my dealer it is a good engine. I’m sure it has enough power for maintained lawns. What engine does yourTC have?